- Cell Phones: Cell phones and other electronic devices must be put away during class. If you are using your phone to play games or any other reason, without my permission, your phone will be in phone prison until the end of class. Each student will get one phone warning only!
- Participation: Chapters are to be read prior to class. You should be prepared to enter class discussions. You will be called upon to provide answers. You are also expected to have completed problems to the best of your ability, and to share your thoughts and process with the class.
- Assignments: Homework assignments are to be completed prior to class. Incomplete homework will result in a 0 grade. Assignments will be accessible in Google Classroom.
- Class Attendance: It is assumed that students will make every attempt to be at all classes and be on time. We all benefit from everyone’s input and experience. If, however, it is necessary to miss class, it is the student’s responsibility to contact me and retrieve makeup work.
- Quizzes: Quizzes will be given throughout the courses. There will be no surprise quizzes, and some will be open book/notes.
- Tests: Please try to be present on test days. Cheating and Collaboration are not allowed on exams and will result in a score of a 0 on the test. Makeup tests will be allowed for excused absences.
- Feedback: It is important to me that you know how you’re doing in the course. I will provide individual and group feedback for each major assignment in the course and we will debrief homework in class too. I typically grade assignments within a couple days of due date.
- Respecting Others: We are all individuals and have our own views and perspectives on issues. If you are uncomfortable with a topic or comment made, please let me know. Follow etiquette guidelines.
- Inappropriate Behavior: Name-calling, inappropriate innuendoes, personal rude/disrespectful comments, swearing, inappropriate touching, and physical violence are unprofessional and not tolerated in the classroom. Students will be reminded once. If behavior continues, the students will be asked to leave the room immediately and further discipline action will be taken.